Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dwarfs Take the Field

My Dwarfs took to the field recently for a day of battles. In a field that boasted High Elves, Dark Elves, Bretonnians, Wood Elves, and two Dwarf Players, random luck had me play Dwarf-on-Dwarf battle and against the Wood Elves. Given how speedy our Dwarf-on-Dwarf violence was in game one, we snuck in a second game before the others were finished (a random blizzard occurrence special rule, plus a Breaking Point scenario made it super quick).

I took the opportunity to take some photos of my force:

 Ironbreakers led by Lord with Shieldbearers.

 Irondrakes. They were the unit of the match against the Wood Elves, not so much for what they killed, but for the sheer amount of firepower they absorbed due to lucky armor and ward save dice rolls. 

 Horde of Warriors with Great Weapons.

Unit of Warriors led by a Runesmith (left front) and a Thane with the army battle standard (right front).

 Trollslayers.

This Engineer: an old Warhammer 40k squat miniature represented a drunken and grounded Gyrocopter pilot.

My Anvil of Doom conversion. May be the most favorite model of mine in this army, but sadly not one that I will likely field often (I just brought it along for the photo).

I call this guy the "Ancestor Statue". He's a Mercenary unit for Triumph and Treachery games, and is a counts-as Daemon Prince. Sometimes he will be Khorne, sometimes as Tzeentch with Lore of Metal. 

I largely forgot to take photos of the games, as I got so excited about the games that I got distracted. In my game against the Wood Elves, the Trollslayers paired off against a Treeman general. When they managed to land 4 wounds on him (and plenty of glorious deaths amongst their own), I snapped a photo.

I'm still torn over which army I want to prep for the campaign that we're starting in a month and a half. That's enough time to finish any one army, but if I split my time and thoughts between three I'm going to remain with things woefully under-painted.


Fully Painted Models
Dwarfs: 41
Undead: 17
Skaven: 14


Battles
Total 2014: 10

Dwarfs:
4 Wins (Dwarfs 2, Wood Elves 2)
1 Loss (Dark Elves 1)

Undead:
1 Win (Dwarfs 1)
1 Loss (Dwarfs 1)
1 Tie (Dwarfs 1)
1 Loss (T&T Daemons 1)

Skaven:
2 Losses (T&T Daemons 1, T&T Dwarfs 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment